Drones allow photographers and aspiring ones to take pictures from where a helicopter can. It is best for aerial photography since you can control how the image will look while you are on land. So if you are thinking of upgrading your photography equipment with a drone, make sure that you read through this article first because you don’t want to buy any drone, it has to be perfect for you.
How will you use it?
Before anything else, ask yourself how you will use the drone. If you are going to use it just to feed your flying hobby, you can buy a drone with either a built-in camera or none. On the other hand, if you are going to use it for photography, video or to get a specific drone image, you have to make sure that the drone comes with a top-quality camera.
Each drone has its own features which are correlated with their price. But the most important feature you need to look into is the fly package. Most manufacturers offer two packages:
- Ready to fly. This type of drone does not need to be assembled. It has everything that you need and all you have to do is unpack it and fly it.
- Bind and fly. This means that your drone has to be bound or connected to the controller first before you can send it up in the air.
If you are a first-time drone flyer and buyer, it will be best for you to pick the ready to fly option since it has everything ready for you. Some other features may include the following:
- Advanced control options. This includes Bluetooth and Wi-Fi which allows you to connect your drone to your smartphone or computer.
- GPS function. This allows your drone to determine the place where it started flying and will attempt to go right back to it.
- GPS navigation. Allows your drone to be tracked and even program routes.
- Video streaming. It can stream the video from either a first-person view or it can stream it directly to your computer or smartphone.
- Power. Refers to the battery life, propeller speeds, etc.
- Camera support. It may offer a built-in camera or an add-on camera which will give you the liberty of how to use your drone
Know the rules
If you are flying a drone, you also have to be familiar with the aviation rules and regulations. To make sure that you and your newly bought drone stay out of trouble, educate yourself about the regulations for safe flying.
Join a community of drone flyers
This is highly recommended for first-time flyers. If you join a community of drone flyers, you will be able to get expert advice that may help you do better with it. You can also get tips on where to buy the cheapest drones and accessories. So ask all the questions that you can. No question is too stupid.